Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pork Chops with Corn Stuffing

This weekend I decided to go searching for some new slow-cooker recipes and found this one in an old Pillsbury cookbook. I already had everything but the pork chops, so decided to put it on the menu this week. I think it sounds great--hope it turns out well!

Pork Chops with Corn Stuffing
4 (4 oz) boneless pork chops
4 cups cornbread stuffing mix
1/2 c chopped celery
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 tsp dried sage (I used poultry seasoning)
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
1 (11 oz) can of mexi-corn, drained (I'm going to use frozen corn and diced bell pepper since that's what I have on hand)
1 egg, beaten

Heat a lightly-oiled skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook just until browned on both sides. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon stuffing mixture into 3-4 quart slow-cooker coated lightly with nonstick spray. Arrange browned pork chops over stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until pork is no longer pink in the center.

UPDATED 3/2: We had this for supper tonight and it was great! It was quick and easy, just like good slow-cooker food should be. I threw everything in my 4-quart crock when I was home for lunch and it was done perfectly when I got home this evening. The pork was super-tender and the stuffing was moist and tasty. If I make it again, though, I'll probably leave out the bell pepper (just use plain corn). Hubby found it to be a little overwhelming, and it would be fine without it. I think a chopped or coarsely grated carrot would also be a nice addition.

Visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday for more great tips and recipes!

5 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That is wonderful. I love a good and easy slow cooker meal.

Brenda said...

I love anything in the slowcooker so I will be trying this one out

Jerralea said...

I'm always looking for a slowcooker recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Slowcookers make life a little easier!
-Kim

ShellyH said...

This recipe looks delicous! I did snag the Huggies Coupons a few days ago (your other blog post) as we are expecting our first grandbaby in May.

Anyway, if any of your blog readers live near an Ollies Surplus Outlet Store, they should run to it! We went on Saturday and I got a boatload of bargains! Grocery and Household stuff