Sunday, March 1, 2009

Aldi shopping

Our first shopping trip this week was to Aldi, where we spent $10.42, leaving $29.58 in this week's budget.

tortillas .99
corn chips .99
egg noodles .99
pork chops 3.96
frozen corn .95
pretzels 1.29
dessert cheese ball 1.25

The dessert cheese ball was a real impulse buy. It was marked down and just seemed to be screaming my name. Edward thought it was pretty tasty, but Kenton and I weren't impressed. Maybe the disappointment will teach me to stay away from those impulse buys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never even heard of a dessert cheese ball, is it sweet? Great price on tortillas, they are around $2 where I live!
Toni

We Eat Cheap said...

Toni, the dessert cheese ball was cream cheese, peanut butter, choc chips, and rolled in peanuts. I think a homemade one would probably be really good, but this one was just okay. The tortillas at Aldi aren't great (a little thick and dough for my taste), but when no one else has sales or coupons on a brand I like better, they'll do!