Sunday, March 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

We did not stick to our menu or our budget last week. It was the first week this year we've gone over our $40/week goal, and we went way over! Hubby had minor surgery on Thursday and his mother came up for a couple of days to help us out, so it was not a typical week. There was a lot of eating out and convenience foods. We're going to get back on track this week!

I didn't make the beef stew I had planned last week, so it's on the menu again. The beef stew and lasagna should each make enough leftovers for a couple of meals, so I'm only planning five lunches and five dinners.

BREAKFASTS
oatmeal
cold cereal
biscuits and sausage
scrambled egg and toast
granola bars, yogurt

LUNCHES
hot ham & cheese sandwiches, chips, apples
pizza muffins and tomato soup, carrot sticks
ham and cheese waffles, fruit
peanut butter sandwiches, pretzels, fruit
chicken nuggets, fries, fruit

DINNERS
spinach lasagna (slow-cooker), garlic bread, salad
beef stew (slow-cooker), biscuits
teriyaki salmon over spicy peanut noodles and broccoli
tortilla soup
chili dogs, french fries

You can find more menu planning inspiration at $5 Dinners this week.

7 comments:

$5 Dinner Mom said...

That Spinach Lasagna sound scrumptious! And in the crockpot...how great! Enjoy!

:) Erin

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

How funny! Beef stew is the one thing on my menu from last week that didn't get made either.

tami said...

what day do i need to be there for teriyaki salmon over spicy peanut noodles and broccoli?!!!

We Eat Cheap said...

Tami, that was actually last night-sorry you missed it! :) But it was super-easy. I used frozen salmon filets from Aldi, marinated them with some Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce (I get it at WalMart), then cooked some thin spaghetti tossed it with a mix of the Veri Veri Teriyaki and peanut butter and a little of the pasta cooking water to make a sauce. I added a couple dashes of cayenne for heat, and threw in the broccoli. It was yummy!

Rona's Home Page said...

You have plenty of good meals planned for the week.
It's getting late and I have to work tomorrow. So, I'll resume my MPM blog visiting on Monday.
I hope you have a great week.

Krisi and Adam said...

Great looking menu. THanks for sharing.

Ruth Saves $ said...

I *never* stick to my budget or my menu! I do try, though. Aren't crockpots the best?