Sunday, February 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

This week I'm making it a priority to use up some of the things in my cabinets and freezer. A couple months ago, we found some great deals on Betty Crocker potatoes so I have several different varieties on hand. While digging in the freezer today I came across some forgotten turkey we froze back around Christmas, so I'll be using that up, too. I also have lots of frozen veggies so I've tried to incorporate those into the menu. Since most of the dinners I have planned this week should make leftovers, I only have three lunches planned.

Breakfasts
Waffles
Scrambled egg on English muffin
Oatmeal
Cold cereal, yogurt
Oatmeal-carrot bread

Lunches
Baked potatoes w/ broccoli & cheese
Cheese quesadillas, Mexican rice, fruit
English muffin pizzas, carrot sticks, pretzels

Dinners
Bbq beef and corn shepherd’s pie, salad
Cheesy broccoli-potato soup
Crockpot vegetable curry over basmati rice
Sausage, apple & cheddar bread pudding, fruit (I'm subbing sausage for bacon in the original recipe since that's what I have on hand)
Ham & bean soup, potato-rosemary bread
Hot open-faced turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes

Be sure to visit OrgJunkie's site for lots and lots of great menu planning ideas!

3 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

The bread pudding sounds interesting. I've never had anything quite like that.

Brooke said...

i purchased BC potatoes late last year and now my hubs loves them. hopefully they'll go on sale (with coupon) again cause i'm not giving full price!

Keesha said...

Jerri, the bread pudding is a big hit at our house. It's one of the few dishes both my kids (3 & 18 months) like and hubby loves it too. Brooke, sometimes the coupons work like the manufacturer wants--we try their stuff, really like, and want to buy more! :-)