Sunday, February 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Another week has flown by and it's time again for menu plans. Hopefully I'll be better about sticking to mine this week. Last week we ate a lot of junk, but I also made the brown rice & spinach casserole three times. And I have it on the menu again this week, too. I just can't get enough of that stuff--it's cheap and easy to make, healthy, and it tastes great. I've planned five lunches and five dinners this week, since we'll probably go out to eat once and a couple of the meals should make enough for leftovers.

Breakfasts
scrambled egg on toast
cold cereal
Kashi TLC bars, yogurt
oatmeal
waffles and fruit
cinnamon rolls, sausage, fruit

Lunches
spicy peanut noodles with broccoli
cheese quesadillas, rice, salad
tuna salad sandwiches, carrot sticks, apples, pretzels
hot ham & cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, apples, pretzels
brown rice & spinach casserole, fruit

Dinners
mixed-grain pancakes, sausage, applesauce
pizza, salad
pulled pork sandwiches, roasted potatoes, green beans
red beans & rice, salad
ham & cheese omelets, biscuits, fruit

9 comments:

The Harris Family said...

I love that you plan ahead for breakfast and lunch too! I just started MPM and I am only trying the dinners for now, hopefully in the future I can get creative like you! Thanks for sharing.

I think I will have to try your brown rice and spinach casserole soon.

Brooke said...

i'm going to try the spinach and rice! :)

Kristen said...

I love the name of your blog. Looks like a tasty menu.

Keesha said...

Harris Family, if I didn't plan ahead for breakfast and lunch, then there would be no guarantee we'd get to eat those meals! :~) I'd like to add snacks to the menu too, but I haven't gotten that organized yet.

Keesha said...

Brooke, I obviously love the spinach and rice. Hope you like it too! My husband, who's not a big spinach eater, enjoys it too and my 18 month old eats it as fast as we will give it to her. If only we could get the picky 3 1/2 yr old to try it...

jo@blog-diggidy said...

what a great idea planning lunches and breakfasts, too!! i'll have to try and organize that!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for the spicy peanut noodles with broccoli? Also, if you don't have one, I have yummy recipe for pulled pork sandwiches. I'd be happy to share.

Amber

Keesha said...

The spicy peanut noodles is something I just throw together. I cook plain ole spaghetti (although buckwheat noodles are really nice), then while they drain I put a heaping spoonful of peanut butter in the warm pan, and mix in some Soy Vay veri veri teriyaki sauce (I buy it at WalMart), and a little of the water the pasta cooked in until it gets a good consistency. Then I put a couple sprinkles of cayenne. Sometimes I throw in extra garlic, too. Then I dump the spaghetti back in and veggies or meat and stir it all up. I know that's not much of a recipe! I'll try to pay attention when I make it this week and get an idea how much of everything I put in. It's really simple, but we think it turns out pretty darn tasty!

Keesha said...

And I'd love to have your recipe for pulled pork sandwiches, Amber!